Plan Your ECET2 Convening
An ECET2 convening can be a rewarding experience for those who develop the convening and those who attend. While creating a successful event requires dedication and effort, the process itself is straightforward. We understand that teachers are busy educating students, which is why we have streamlined the process into two basic steps: assessment and building the workshop.
Key planning steps include:
- Build a team to plan, organize and lead your ECET2 convening
- Determine your audience and the key goals you hope to achieve
- Create a budget and work plan that outline key steps, responsibilities, and a timeline for your convening
- Pick a venue to host your convening
- Identify, invite, and register participants
- Create an agenda or blueprint for your convening
- Select and prepare speakers and presenters who will contribute to the convening
- Use social media to build awareness and foster participant connections
Click the guidebook below for more details on the overall process.
Step 1: Assessment
The first phase in the convening planning process is to assess the interest of colleagues and leaders in an ECET2 convening. Tools that can help you facilitate this assessment:
Step 2: Building the Workshop
Once the initial assessment has been conducted, a planning team has been identified, and goals have been established, it's time to start building the components of the workshop. Tools to help you build your convening:
Video Resources for Your Convening
Below are several video resources that can be shared during the convening to supplement discussion.