bringing ECET2 home: a toolkit for teachers, by teachers
The Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers (ECET2) network was born out of a desire to provide a forum for exceptional teachers to learn from one another and to celebrate the teaching profession. ECET2 is built on the belief that teachers hold the keys to:
- ensuring that policy is well informed,
- instructional shifts are made with fidelity, and
- educators are equipped with the right professional development supports to be effective in the classroom.
Through funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, ECET2 aims to empower and connect even more teachers. Across the country, teachers are organizing local and regional ECET2 convenings in their communities and you are encouraged to do the same.
This website includes resources developed by teachers, for teachers, to help you bring ECET2 to your district. It’s a toolkit that helps teachers plan and host a district ECET2 convening, strengthening the professional and social ties between colleagues and preparing teachers to best serve their students. These resources include:
- Planning tools, including pre-surveys to help identify topics of interest from attendees
- Tips for introducing ECET2 to leadership/administrators and working with them to conduct convenings
- Templates to be used to build and budget the workshop
- Protocols and tips for breakout sessions
- Information on how to facilitate Colleague Circles
- Video resources and other materials to share information about ECET2 with colleagues
- Best practices for following up with attendees after the convening to keep them engaged